Lockdown Land Training!
For the time being there will be no swimming due to this coronavirus event.
This DOES NOT mean training has to stop!
No swim sessions, but land training exercises can be completed throughout the day to keep your body healthy, flexible and strong.
Before starting any exercise routine, please complete at least a 15 min warm up.
a light 10 min jog/ a set of jumping jacks/ a short cycle ride - always followed by 5 mins of joint circling.
For more information and ideas see video:
Below are a list of 4 simple exercises to practice:
1. FULL BODY SQUAT
- keep heels stuck to the ground, engage legs, push hard through both feet
- squat down to at least a 90 degree angle
2. SHORT BRIDGES
- engage glute and upper leg muscles and push up hips
- a great exercise for strengthening your back and posture
3. PRESS UPS
- do from knees if full press ups too difficult
- keep elbows tucked in and stomach tensed
4. STRAIGHT LEG RAISES
- do with 90 degree bend in legs for easier exercise
- keep breathing throughout movement, whilst engaging abdominal muscles